Wednesday, July 31, 2013

D.I.Y. Crystal Hair Clip



       I have a thing for rocks, especially any mineral or polished stone. As a child when we vacationed in Florida, there was a souvenir shop we always frequented, and my parents would allot $20 per kid for trinkets. They had a case full of polished rocks & I would leave each time with a bag of $20 rocks.

As an adult I'm still attracted to them. I hate collecting things and not using them though. This gave me the idea to combine my love of stones and fashion and create some crystal hair clips.

The stones I used for this time actually aren't rocks at all, but a more affordable option of decorative glass rocks that can be found at any craft/home decor store. I feel they're a pretty close match to quartz though. 

This super simple d.i.y takes minutes to do and it looks especially great paired with minimalist fashions!





01/  Take your clip of choice and sandpaper the surface of it. A clip with a smooth, solid surface works best for the stones to attach to. Sanding the clip helps the glue adhere better.
02/ After you've decided how you'd like the stones aligned, sandpaper the bottom part of the stone that is being glued down. 
03/ Using E6000 glue, attach the stones to your clip and allow approximately 10 minutes to dry. The setting won't be 100% dry until 24 hours after.

Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment