Thursday, August 15, 2013

Personal Style: Fall Shoes


Recently I had to go visit a podiatrist for a toe injury. There I was informed I had been wearing the wrong shoe size for quite some time! Its disheartening to know that not only were you wearing the wrong size but that you no longer can wear your shoes without causing further injury. Naturally I took the opportunity to invest in some new shoes. Since the weather is changing & soon it will be fall, I decided to focus on fall/winter shoes. The shoes pictured above are on of my favorite styles. They are a brogue shoe meets tuxedo style. I like that the shoes are simple in black and white. Shoes of that style typically have laces however these do not, they simply slip on. The lack of laces adds to the minimal style. Menswear inspired shoes with a pointed toe are a must have for me. Find these shoes here!


Another must have for me, ankle boots! I was looking for comfortable ankle boots with some edge. The ones pictured where found at Target by Stephanie & they are perfect. They are extremely comfortable with a small heel. Find these shoes here!

Stephanie's spiked sock D.I.Y.:


 A super simple D.I.Y. that goes well with your new fall ankle boots! This isn't an original idea, lately I've seen spikes on everything--socks being the latest clothing item to get the treatment. A quick search on Tumblr or Etsy and you'll see ton's of styles from tie-dyed, to knee-high. I like the look of classic white socks, especially with my thrifted Doc Marten look alike boots. 

1 comment: