Saturday, February 9, 2013

D.I.Y. Glass Spike Headband


Supplies:

Czech pressed glass spike beads (6)
thin plastic headband (Scünci Effortless Beauty 3 pack)
E6000 glue


It is obvious that the spiked headband has been done time and again, rehashed repackaged and published numerous times among fashion bloggers. I do have to say though, even after massive over exposure, I have yet to grow tired of this trend. I have been wanting to create my own version of this for a while--and my inspiration came when I came across a site that sold a spike different from the typical ones in metallic tones I am familiar with seeing. They are called 'Czech pressed glass' spikes; some are opaque and some are clear, but the main selling point for me is the wide range of colors and patterns that they can be found in (click here to see!). For this project I picked a semi-opaque spike in a tanzanite color sized at 6.5x15mm. I paired it with a clear plastic headband that feels more on-trend for the moment. 

There is no real guidelines to making this, simply glue! I will leave you with a tip on using E6000 glue: it helps it to adhere when the surface is rough so I ran the bottoms of the spikes across sand paper before applying. Have no idea about E600 glue? (Read this)








No comments:

Post a Comment